The GeoSorb is designed to recover hydrocarbons from 2″ or 4″ (5cm or 10cm) and larger wells. The GeoSorb System consists of a stainless steel screened cage assembly and a product selective absorbent. The system is lowered down the well where it passively absorbs free product.
Prior to use, always check depth and thickness of the product layer in well.
Simple to use, just 4 easy steps:
1. Insert a sock into stainless steel screen assembly. Do not lower sock down well without screen assembly.
2. Attach safety cable or cord to the hanger on the screen assembly.
3. Slowly lower into the well to maximize exposure to product layer. In long-term applications, set the unit to accommodate water level fluctuations over the full length of the screened assembly.
4. Retrieve screen assembly, remove the used sock, dispose of according to local ordinances.
|2″ GeoSorb||4″ GeoSorb|
|Screen Material||#304 SS, perforated||#304 SS, perforated|
|Screen Mesh Holes Size||3.97mm x 4.76mm||3.97mm x 4.76mm|
|Available Screen Length||36.0″ (91.4cm)||36.0″ (91.4cm)|
|Screen Outside Diameter||1.750″ (44.5mm)||3.670″ (93.2mm)|
|Actual Overall Assy. Length||371/8″ (94.3cm)||365/8″ (93.0cm)|
|Weight w⁄Ballast 1||1.73 lbs. (.78 kg)||5.19 lbs. (2.35 kg)|
|Min. Well Inside Diameter||2″ (51mm)||4″ (102mm)|
|Absorbent Sock Diameter||1.5″ (38.1mm)||3.0″ (76.2mm)|
|Absorbent Sock Length||36″ (91.4cm)||36″ (91.4cm)|
|Absorbent Sock Material||Polypropylene filler contained in a white polypropylene fabric sock||Polypropylene filler contained in a white polypropylene fabric sock|
|Rated Absorption*||0.68 L per sock or 8.2 L per case of 12 socks||2.65 L per sock or 32.3 L per case of 12 socks|
*The product absorption rate is determined by the viscosity of the product and can vary depending on site conditions
• Designed for 2″(5cm) or 4″(10cm) and larger wells
• Designed to recover the product, not the water
• Absorbent sock refills available in cases of 12, or individually
• Heavy-duty #304 stainless steel screen assembly
• FEP coated stainless steel hanger
• Ballast weight for optimal submergence